Prince of Persia: The Dropped Crown is a excellent and bold reinvention of the sequence as a facet-scrolling metroidvania. Video games in the metroidvania genre, and side-scrollers in normal, truly feel suitable at residence on handheld devices like Nintendo Change and Steam Deck. For Steam Deck consumers, even so, finding The Dropped Crown up and jogging just isn’t as simple as downloading and launching it. The new video game is not accessible on Steam at this time, which indicates you have to consider a couple of extra actions to enjoy it.
No matter of no matter if you purchase Prince of Persia: The Missing Crown immediately from Ubisoft or on the Epic Games Retail outlet, it is really probable to engage in it on Steam Deck. After enjoying it for a lot more than a dozen hours on Deck, we can affirm it operates wonderfully–so it is absolutely worth environment up. If you have to have a copy of Prince of Persia: The Dropped Crown, examine out our preorder guideline. You can also enjoy The Misplaced Crown (correct now) by using Ubisoft+.
Most straightforward process: Epic Game titles Keep + Heroic Video games Launcher
The most easy strategy for playing Prince of Persia: The Shed Crown on Steam Deck entails getting your copy through the Epic Online games Retail store and installing the Heroic Game titles Launcher. This open-supply Linux application is a just one-cease store for Epic, GOG, and Key Gaming launchers, which means it is really super uncomplicated to put in and incorporate to Steam.
Here’s how to do it. We suggest working with a proper keyboard and mouse for these methods. If you do not have a Steam Deck dock or USB-C hub, you can pair Bluetooth peripherals with your Steam Deck.
- Enter Desktop Mode on your Steam Deck: Hold the energy button right up until the pop-up menu appears and decide on “Switch to Desktop.”
- Open the Find app, which is represented as a shopping bag on the taskbar.
- In the search bar, variety: Heroic Game titles Launcher. Set up the software.
- At the time put in, launch the app and log in to your Epic Video games Retailer account.
- Your sport library will populate, permitting you to invest in/set up Prince of Persia: The Misplaced Crown.
You can quit right here and start off enjoying, but if you want to be in a position to participate in The Missing Crown in the Steam Deck’s default Gaming Method, you need to have to do a few extra points.
- To include the Heroic Games Launcher to your Steam library, open up Steam in Desktop Method and click on “Insert a Activity” in the decreased still left-hand corner.
- Choose “Incorporate a Non-Steam Sport.”
- A preconfigured listing of applications will populate. Uncover the Heroic Game titles Launcher and click on the checkbox. Then click on “Insert Chosen Courses.”
- The Heroic Games Launcher can now be introduced in Gaming Mode. You can expect to locate it in the “Non-Steam” part
- If you want to get it one stage additional and incorporate the activity by itself to your Steam library, after again simply click “Increase a Recreation” and then “Insert a Non-Steam Sport”
- This time you are going to want to simply click “Browse.”
- Navigate to /dwelling/deck/Game titles/Heroic
- You can uncover an exe for The Shed Crown inside of the Prince of Persia folder. Simply click the exe and press “Open.” Then decide on “Include Picked Programs.”
- In Steam, locate the Prince of Persia exe and simply click the configurations icon, then select “Houses.”
- You’ll possibly want to rename the shortcut.
- This last move is really important: Even though in “Homes” select “Compatibility” and examine the box to power Steam to make the most of a Proton compatibility device. Pick out “Proton Experimental” from the dropdown.
- Congratulations, you can now launch Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown like any of your native Steam online games in Gaming Method.
- You can use Decky Loader to install SteamDB to insert artwork for your activity tile.
- If you you should not want to use the Heroic Games Launcher, you can incorporate the normal Epic Game titles Launcher to Steam Deck.
Including Ubisoft Connect to Steam Deck
It is really also probable to participate in Prince of Persia: The Missing Crown by using Ubisoft Connect, Ubisoft’s launcher, on Steam Deck. However, it should be famous that this technique is a bit extra sophisticated. Even if you acquire The Misplaced Crown from Ubisoft Connect, we would nevertheless advise applying the Epic Games Launcher or GOG Galaxy. You can link your Ubisoft Hook up account to GOG and/or Epic and launch your game titles by way of people applications.
But if for some motive you might be set on working with Ubisoft Link, here is how to established it up:
- In Desktop Method, go to ubisoftconnect.com and down load the launcher
- Don’t run the installer.
- Open up Steam. Simply click “Add a Game” in the decrease still left-hand corner and pick “Incorporate a Non-Steam Match.”
- Click on “Search” and navigate to the installer exe in your downloads folder.
- Simply click “Open up” and then “Include Chosen Applications.”
- Back in your Steam library, search for the Ubisoft Connect installer, click on the configurations equipment and select “Attributes.”
- You can adjust the name to Ubisoft Hook up (by way of shortcut textual content box) and then simply click “Compatibility” in the aspect pane. Simply click the checkbox to drive Steam to use a compatibility software and select “Proton Experimental.”
- Then simply click “Play” and the set up course of action will start out.
- Uncheck “Run Ubisoft Link” at the conclusion of the set up approach.
- With Ubisoft Connect installed, you now have to have to get the true launcher in your Steam library. If not, when you operate it, you’ll just operate the installation method yet again.
- To include the actual launcher, we are going to go again to “Properties.”
- In the shortcut window, simply click “Search” upcoming to the “Focus on” box.
- Now you’re heading to uncover the spot in which our Steam Deck has created an imitation of the Home windows file listing.
- You need to make sure hidden data files are obvious on your Steam Deck. To do this, either use the keyboard shortcut ctrl + h or simply click the icon of a few horizontal traces (future to the magnifying glas) in the top correct-hand corner of the folder. Make guaranteed the checkbox “Present Hidden Data files” is checked.
- With that squared absent, this is the path you can want to comply with to established the proper “Target”:
- dwelling > .community > share > Steam > steamapps > compatdata > most latest folder # > pfx > drive c > programfiles86 > Ubisoft > Ubisoft Recreation Launcher > UbisoftConnect.exe
- “Most modern folder #” will be a string of around 10 numbers. It will not be the exact for absolutely everyone, but it really should be quick as the most recent folder in this listing.
- Include quotation marks at start out and finish of the route. Duplicate and paste the route in the text box for “Get started In” as nicely.
- Now you can start Ubisoft Link and install the game.
- If you want to immediately start the recreation from Gaming Mode without having initially opening and browsing Ubisoft Connect, you can after once more “Include a Non-Steam Activity” to the launcher.
- When you click on “Look through,” it must open up in the identical sub-folder as right before.
- Navigate to /game titles/Prince of Persia The Missing Crown/TheLostCrown.exe and increase it to your library.
- Set Steam Play compatibility to “Proton Experimental” and rename the shortcut to your liking.
- Make confident “Target” and “Begin In” containers match, and position the path inside of quotation marks.
- Finally, we need to have to include a command to the text box for “Start Possibilities,” which is positioned under “Get started In.” The next command tells Steam to start Ubisoft Link and Prince of Persia.
- STEAM_COMPAT_Knowledge_Path=”house/deck/.area/share/Steam/steamapps/compdata/most the latest folder #” %command%
- Switch “most recent folder #” with the string of numbers that corresponds to your Ubisoft Connect folder–it really is the exact same string found in your file route for “Target.”
- If you obtain an error stating the launcher won’t be able to be positioned when launching The Missing Crown, you can duplicate/paste the launcher inside of /Ubisoft Recreation Launcher/video games/Prince of Persia The Misplaced Crown/GameLauncher. This file is termed UbisoftGameLauncher.exe and can be located in the Ubisoft Activity Launcher folder.
- You can use Decky Loader to set up SteamDB to add artwork for your match tile.
Prince of Persia: The Missing Crown operates terrific on Steam Deck by default, so the moment you get the launcher situation sorted, you need to be all set.