A younger Australian girl has experienced the culinary shock of her daily life just after allegedly identifying a useless frog within a bag of spinach she acquired from Woolworths.
Simone Baker took to TikTok to show off the gross discover, with a lifeless frog heaped on the major of her spinach pasta dish.
“Woolies the clean meals individuals, very practically a fresh frog in my spinach,” she explained.
“Can’t get substantially fresher than that.”
Baker mentioned she was “traumatized” by the frog-in-spinach surprise.
“Never been so fired up to consume supper in my lifestyle right until I observed that,” she reported.
A person commenter noted the frog currently experienced sauce combined above it, suggesting Baker had swirled the frog about in the dish just before taking the video.
There is no footage of the frog inside of the spinach bag.
Other commentators took a lighthearted view of the clear wellness hazard.
“That is a delicacy in France,” a fellow Tiktokker claimed.
“Can you fall the recipe? Now have the frog,” a different said.
A Woolworths spokeswoman mentioned the grocery store behemoth experienced investigated the incident with the provider and Baker.
“Our supplier performed quite a few good quality assessments on this batch of spinach leaves and did not detect any foreign objects throughout the processing, so this appears to be an isolated incident,” the business stated.
“We perform with a amount of Australian spinach growers acquire foods basic safety extremely seriously and have demanding procedures to maintain our products high quality.
“For our luggage of spinach, this includes washing the leaves and a amount of high-quality checks, these kinds of as X-ray checks for foreign resources, just before they are packaged and despatched to our outlets.
“We take all shopper suggestions seriously and fully grasp this will have to have been an unwelcome surprise for this shopper, specially with the on the internet opinions on how tasty the meal looked.”